Tuesday, March 29, 2011

In Which I Describe How I Made My Wife Wince *Hard*

"I have made a decision! After reading that Carmilla story, I am giving myself two weeks to write a complete draft. Leapfrogging everything else in the queue."

"oooh!"

"Yeah, I think I can do something with this whole lesbian teenage vampire thing."

The wincing was EPIC. There would have been a literal real-life *headdesk* if she wasn't doing the dishes, I think.

"What? What?"

"I think you were titillated by the story and now you just want to write your fantasies into an adventure."

"What? It'll be tasteful!"

"I know you!"

OK. Fair cop. I mean, The Human Centipede just showed up in the mail today and we're going to the Night Visions festival this weekend.

It probably won't be tasteful, but it won't be that kind of tasteless. I don't do "titillating." Evidence: Hot Female Elf pic.

The inspiration to make an adventure out of the whole thing came from a hopefully-cool idea for a "living" NPC relationship tree procedure, the fact that the name "Karnstein" in connection with vampires is an 1870s creation, not original 1970s Hammer IP, and therefore poachable (euphemizing sucks), and an adventure concept where Le Fanu's story is background noise and not the thing in the adventure.

I'll check back in a couple weeks to tell you if I got the draft done or not. If so, I will run it! If not, well, back to Carcosa and Isle of the Unknown. :D

Working title The Tuberculoids until I come up with something better.

3 comments:

  1. Even titillation-free, just "teenage vampire" alone makes *ME* wince.

    But, I suppose, though, maybe, considering what you've done before, you might, possibly, devise some innovative and subversive use of the "lesbian" factor that makes it all worthwhile. Maybe. Possibly. I suppose.

    Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Tuberculoids"

    And now all I can think of is this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbhiolw-9Fk

    ReplyDelete